
A junior doctor accused of secretly recording hundreds of hospital staff using the bathroom has told a court he intends to plead guilty.
Ryan Cho, 29, was charged with more than 900 offences last year after staff at The Austin hospital allegedly located a mobile phone recording in an employee bathroom.
On electronic devices seized from his home, police allegedly found thousands of intimate images catalogued by name and hospital spanning the years between 2021 and 2025.
These included alleged victims at the Austin Hospital, the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and the Royal Melbourne Hospital.

WA's biggest courts and crime stories to your inbox
Sign-up to our weekly newsletter for free
Sign upPolice have previously alleged in court that hundreds of people were filmed using the toilet or showering.
Covering his face with a mask, Mr Cho appeared in the Melbourne Magistrates Court on Friday afternoon as magistrate Michelle Mykytowycz was told it was expected he would plead guilty to a reduced number of charges.
“The matter’s resolved to a plea of guilty, it’s how the charges are going to be dealt with (that remains under discussion),” she said.
The court was told prosecutors are getting in contact with alleged victims to notify them of the plan.

Mr Cho’s lawyer, Kristina Kothrakis, said discussions were ongoing with the prosecution on which charges would remain for the plea.
He will return to court on July 9 when it’s expected he will plead guilty and have the case sent to the County Court, the court was told.
More to come
Originally published as Accused toilet spying doc Ryan Cho intending to plead guilty, court told
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails