A few words on Mid West sport.
A rundown of sport news in the Mid West and Gascoyne:
- The Geraldton Harriers Club is celebrating its 50th birthday on July 7.
Celebrations will be marked by a country run and a lunch.
- A junior polocrosse coaching clinic will be held at Walkaway Sporting Complex on April 13 and 14. Dinner and a movie will be included, with the option to camp overnight at the venue. RSVP to Hailey Moir 0428 998 606.
- Channel 7 and Skydive Jurien Bay are working on a documentary about couples who want to get married while skydiving. Engaged couples who want to participate should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dongara Basketball Association seniors squad will hold its annual general meeting at Irwin Recreation Centre on March 1.
All committee positions will be vacated.
- Football Club (Carnarvon) are seeking a coach for their seniors’ team. Email email@example.com.
- Kalbarri surfer Taiana Duncan came third in the open women’s division of the Volte Wetsuits WA Surf Masters Titles on February 10. The event was held at Gas Bay in Margaret River.
- The Frothin Fools Gero Groms Fest will return again inthis April.
The event was held for the first time last year in conjunction with the Youth Fools Festival in Geraldton.
- The Coonatha Race Complex near Gascoyne Junction has been decommissioned.
It was most popular during the Gascoyne Dash.
- Spalding Park Golf Club handed Di Morgan and Gail Hollamby a $25 Golf for the Golfers cheque.
The women placed first and runner up respectively during the Club’s February 9 competition.
- Geraldton Board Riders are looking for more members. The 2019 season will start either March 16 or 17.
Visit the board riders Facebook page for more information.
- Round 21 City of Greater Geraldton Community Grants are open.
|Applications close on March 26. Visit the City’s website for more information.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails