Bail extended for Geraldton schoolgirls accused of bashing classmate
Two teenage schoolgirls accused of bashing a female classmate in Geraldton have had their bail extended today.
Police allege the two John Willcock College students, both aged 14, waited for the victim at the school gate and attacked her about 3pm on June 7 last year.
Prosecuting Sergeant Beau Jones told Geraldton Children’s Court the victim phoned her mother to tell her “something was about to happen” just before the alleged attack.
Sgt Jones said when the girl’s back was turned, one of her attackers pulled her to the ground by the hair and they both began punching and kicking her.
The court heard the victim fought back and the scuffle lasted about a minute before being broken up by staff.
Sgt Jones said the victim suffered sore limbs and a grazed right eye which remained bloodshot for several days.
Magistrate Chris Miocevich adjourned the matter until February 19 to allow for disclosure by the prosecution.
One of the girls is also facing charges in relation to a separate school brawl in Geraldton in October last year.
The incident drew extensive media coverage after footage of the fight was posted online.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails