Contaminated recycle bins in Geraldton dumped in landfill
Blue recycle bins in Geraldton are being emptied in landfill because people are throwing rubbish in them.
The 15 bins are for the purpose of recycle type 1 and 2 plastics only.
A City of Greater Geraldton spokeswoman said if the contamination continued, the location of the bins may be changed.
Type 1 and 2 plastics have a triangle symbol with the number on the item.
The spokeswoman said bottle lids should be removed and the items rinsed out before being recycled.
The bins can be found at:
- Beachlands Primary School, corner of Whitfield Street and Bradley Street
- Bluff Point Primary School, 18 Mitchell Street
- Opposite Glenfield IGA Sunset Beach, Chapman Road
- Drummond Cove Hall, 61 Whitehill Road
- Geraldton Primary School, Augustus Street
- Geraldton Surf Lifesaving Club, 260 Willcock Drive
- Leaning Tree Community School, 15 Bayly Street
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School, Acacia Street
- Paringa Park, Paringa Street, Mount Tarcoola
- PCYC, 105 Pass Street, Wonthella
- QEII Seniors and Community Centre Carpark, 88 Durlacher Street
- Strathalbyn Christian College, 15 Cedar Crescent
- Tip Shop, 61 Landfill Lane, Narngulu
- Waggrakine Primary School, Hall Road
- Wandina Primary School, 29 Ajax Drive
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails