Fire causes estimated $20,000 damage to house in Spalding, Geraldton

Gavin BoxGeraldton Guardian
Smoke billows from the Mitchell Street house.
Camera IconSmoke billows from the Mitchell Street house. Credit: Jason McCarthy, The Geraldton Guardian

Fire caused an estimated $20,000 damage to the bathroom of a Spalding house today.

The Mitchell Street blaze was reported at 11.55am and had been extinguished by the time fire crews arrived about 10 minutes later.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the cause of the fire was accidental.

Fire crews at the scene.
Camera IconFire crews at the scene. Credit: Jason McCarthy, The Geraldton Guardian

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails