Geraldton cafe fire accidental, investigation finds

Gavin BoxGeraldton Guardian
A police officer stands outside the Go Health Lunch Bar in Marine Terrace last week.
Camera IconA police officer stands outside the Go Health Lunch Bar in Marine Terrace last week. Credit: Gavin Box, The Geraldton Guardian

A WA Police Arson Squad investigation into a fire that gutted a Geraldton cafe last week has found the cause was accidental.

A WA Police spokeswoman outlined the finding today.

The fire, at the Go Health Lunch Bar in Marine Terrace last Thursday night, caused an estimated $250,000 damage.

VideoAuthorities say an electronic fault sparked the blaze that caused $250,000 damage.

A Department of Fire and Emergency Services spokeswoman said the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

The fire took five crews about two and a half hours to bring under control.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails