Man fined after shooting slingshot at girlfriend then stealing her car

Ben LoughranGeraldton Guardian
A generic picture of a slingshot
Camera IconA generic picture of a slingshot Credit: WA News

A man who fired a slingshot projectile at his girlfriend before stealing her car has been handed a nine-month intensive supervision order and a $1000 fine.

Kobi Alban Kevan Little, 20, pleaded guilty to four charges including endangering life, stealing a motor vehicle, criminal damage of property and driving without a licence, in Geraldton Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Around 6am on August 9 Little walked to his 22-year-old girl-friend’s house after he had been drinking heavily when he began to call her to come outside.

However, she remained standing just behind the flyscreen door and recorded the outburst by Little, which angered him. He then produced a homemade sling shot and fired a projectile at the woman, hitting the flyscreen door.

Get in front of tomorrow's news for FREE

Journalism for the curious Australian across politics, business, culture and opinion.


Little then fired a shot at his girlfriend’s car without doing any major damage. He became more agitated when his partner would not come out of the house.

Little climbed on to the vehicle’s boot where he kicked the rear window until it shattered over the back seats.

Little left the scene soon after.

When it began to rain, Little’s partner went out to move the car into the carport to stop the inside getting damaged only to have the man set upon the house again.

When she ran inside, she accidentally dropped the keys to the car, which Little took before driving away with the vehicle.

Police were contacted when Little returned to the house with the stolen vehicle and when they arrived, found him behind the wheel of the car with the engine running, which violated his suspended licence.

Georgia Keysers, who represented Little, told the court he had been struggling with alcohol abuse in the weeks leading to the incident.

Magistrate Brionie Ayling sentenced him to a nine-month intensive supervision order and issued a $1000 fine.

Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.

Sign up for our emails