New plastic bottle recycling bin in Geraldton
Residents in Walkaway will be able to recycle plastic bottles in their own backyard with a blue bin now located at the local primary school.
The City of Greater Geraldton set-up the bin last week after receiving requests from the Walkaway Primary School and Walkaway Development Association.
There are now 17 blue bins located across the City of Greater Geraldton for recycling type 1 and 2 plastic bottles only.
A City spokeswoman said bottle lids should be removed and items rinsed out before being recycled.
The bins can be found at:
- Beachlands Primary School, corner of Whitfield Street and Bradley Street
- Bluff Point Primary School, 18 Mitchell Street
- Spalding Horse and Pony Club turning bay, 556 Chapman Road
- Drummond Cove, Bayside Park
- Geraldton Primary School, Augustus Street
- Geraldton Surf Lifesaving Club, 260 Willcock Drive
- Greenough Museum & Gardens, 11 Phillips Road
- Leaning Tree Community School, 15 Bayly Street
- Mt Tarcoola Primary School, Acacia Street
- Paringa Park, Paringa Street, Mount Tarcoola
- PCYC, 105 Pass Street, Wonthella
- QEII Seniors and Community Centre Carpark, 88 Durlacher Street
- Strathalbyn Christian College, 15 Cedar Crescent
- Tip Shop, 61 Landfill Lane, Narngulu
- Waggrakine Primary School, Hall Road
- Walkaway Primary School, Evans Road
- Wandina Primary School, 29 Ajax Drive
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails