Park for free during WoW Fest
Community members will be able to park in the CBD for free this weekend during the second annual Wind on Water Festival.
Running from April 20 to 21, WoW Fest boasts a bumper line-up of family-friendly events and activities.
The two-day festival will wrap up on Sunday night with the RedFM concert, headlined by The Temper Trap and Tkay Maidza.
During the festival the following carparks will be free:
- Lot 601 on Foreshore Drive
- Station Square behind the Old Railway Station
- Behind the Geraldton Regional Library (Parking Station 2)
- Next door to McDonald’s (Parking Station 3)
- Geraldton Post Office (Parking Station 4)
- Stirlings Central, behind Queens Park (Parking Station 5)
- QEII Seniors and Community Centre
- Cathedral Avenue (Parking Station 6)
The parking lot next door to the Geraldton Visitor Centre will be closed during the two-day festival.
A City of Greater Geraldton spokesperson said extra ACROD parking will be available along Foreshore Drive.
Boats and RVs will be able to park behind Mid West Ports Authority. Penalties apply for light vehicles parking in this zone without the appropriate permits.
From Thursday morning (April 18) to Monday morning (April 22) access on the pathway between the Geraldton Multipurpose Centre and Youth Precinct will be restricted.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails