Three Geraldton juveniles accused of stealing a moped and sparking a police pursuit have been given a chance on bail, with one of the teens pleading not to be sent back to detention as it would “break him”. The boys, aged 15, 13 and 12, faced Geraldton Children’s Court on Friday charged with numerous offences including stealing a motor vehicle, failing to stop, breaching bail and not wearing a helmet. Police prosecutor Senior Constable Paul White alleged the moped was stolen about 8.45pm on October 25 by what the owner described as “three young children”. Two days later, polices officers on patrol in Karloo allegedly saw the 12-year-old driving the scooter with his co-accused as passengers about 9am. It’s alleged the 15-year-old encouraged his co-accused to keep driving and gave police the middle finger as they gave chase. He was later seen falling off the moped at Wonthella Bowling Club and fleeing on foot. Police allege the 15-year-old scaled several barbed wire fences during a chase that lasted for 25 minutes before he was eventually caught and found with 1g of cannabis. All three boys deny they were involved in stealing the moped. The court was told the 15-year-old had previously committed another vehicle theft three days after being released on parole. Sen. Const. White said on this occasion the boy entered a vehicle using a set of stolen keys, started it and drove off. All three juveniles are in a schedule two position and had to demonstrate exceptional circumstances to be granted bail. In outlining the 15-year-old’s arguments for bail, defence lawyer Fintan Roberts highlighted the fact he was not actively participating and was simply a passenger. He said the boy had re-engaged with school and could not go back to Banksia Hill Detention Centre as it would “break him”. Taking this into account, magistrate Colin Roberts agreed to grant bail, but said the boy “was that close to being remanded in custody”. In regards to the 12-year-old, Mr Roberts said he was picked up after the theft was alleged to have occurred. Outlining his application for bail, he said the police case was “not necessarily strong” and the boy was “adamant” he wasn’t involved. The magistrate agreed to grant the 12-year-old bail as “he may not be involved in the original taking”. However, he issued a warning to the boy stating: “make sure you don’t commit any more crimes.” The 12 and 15-year-old boys will appear in court on November 15. A further bail application was made for the 13-year-old, with his lawyer also arguing he had nothing to do with the theft. He said the boy was walking through the bush heading to a friend’s house when he was told there was a moped nearby. The court was told he had no record but had previously spent time in Banksia Hill Detention Centre. The magistrate agreed to grant the boy bail, under the condition he goes back to Carnarvon with his grandparents, who were in the back of the court. “You’re very close to being locked up,” he said. He was due to appear in Carnarvon Children’s Court on Monday.