Jessie J health update: Singer cancels UK, US tour dates due to breast cancer surgery

Jessie J has given fans a health update and announced a delay to her upcoming concert tour.
The 37-year-old singer first revealed her breast cancer diagnosis in June when she began treatment.
In an Instagram video shared on Thursday, she told fans: “Unfortunately, I have to have a second surgery, nothing too serious, but it has to be done before the end of the year, and unfortunately that falls right in the middle of a tour that I had booked.”
The singer had been scheduled to tour the UK and Europe in October and perform in the United States in November.
She confirmed the UK and European dates will now take place in April 2026, while the US shows have been cancelled.
“So that is what it is, and I’m sorry,” she said.
“I feel frustrated and sad … I need to be better, I need to be healed, and I know this is the right decision to make.”
When she revealed her diagnosis earlier this year, Jessie J explained she wanted to speak openly to process the experience and show support for others facing cancer.
Earlier in August Jessie J opened up about the ongoing effects of her recent breast cancer surgery, revealing that “everything has changed” since her diagnosis and subsequent procedures.
The singer underwent a mastectomy and breast reconstruction earlier this year after being diagnosed with early-stage breast cancer.
In an Instagram video, Jessie J explained she had been struggling with hair loss since the operations.
“My hair has been falling out like crazy since the surgery,” she said in a video shared with fans.
“Five weeks today since my surgery and I’m feeling okay.”
Speaking in the video while doing her hair and makeup, Jessie J also explained her breasts remain uneven post-surgery and pointed to ongoing discomfort on her right side.
“My boobs still aren’t even,” she said.
“This is the implant, it’s still so sore.”Addressing her other breast gently she said, “this one is old, oh no you aren’t old
She brought her audience along on her journey by also sharing a series of personal hospital photos taken during her recovery in June, 2025.
She captioned the post: “Blood warning! This post is some of the honest lows and highs of the last 48 hours. I will always show the good and hard bits of any journey I go through. Grateful to my doctor/surgeon and all the nurses who cared for me and all my family/friends who came to visit,” she said.“Still hugging everyone going through something tough right now. We all got this!”
Jessie J reflected on her emotional experience in a recent interview with the Sunday Times, saying she wished she’d had more of a chance to “say goodbye” to her right breast before the mastectomy, describing how she “broke down in tears” after seeing her scars: “I can’t believe this has happened.”
Despite managing other health conditions, including Meniere’s disease and obsessive-compulsive disorder, the pop star returned to the stage at Wembley for a major show just days before her surgery, telling the audience it was her “last show before I go beat breast cancer.”
The chart-topping performer has dealt with health challenges throughout her life, including a heart condition diagnosed at age eight, a minor stroke at 18, and temporary hearing loss in 2020.
Get the latest news from thewest.com.au in your inbox.
Sign up for our emails